Connecticut: no go

I've recently thought over my past in Connecticut in general, the relatives I have whom I don't wish to be apart of and the disturbing situation of rekindling my relationship with my father. I don't want to return to Connecticut in general.
Nothing has made me happier than being outside my relatives, I was free from this idea of families for a great period of time. I waited to escape them and it feels like something I'm going to have to formally do again.
I simply wish to never return to the state of Connecticut. It's a conclusion I've made before but this time it's permanent.
I simply have no interest in filming in Connecticut or any of the ideas of Connecticut film industry, the Connecticut I know is owned by New York City so I felt that we own it. But, I don't want to contribute to their economy. Supporting New York City is most important and now that I live here it is most important to establish permanent situation (ala - let's stop returning to wherever it is you grew up, I don't wanna be there. It's the fucking past. The state is disgusting and going near Bridgeport makes me ill).
The city of Bridgeport is basically dead and I have no interest in helping to restore it. I was disgusted by it as a connection to my mother's family as well as a basic shit hole. Fucking disturbing.
I grew up in Fairfield but will not be returning to the state of Connecticut. I had ideas for stories which I can easily translate to stories in Brooklyn. Outline Brooklyn neighborhoods do the same sort of idea but in a better place.
New York City is home.
Whatever ideas I outlined can easily be done within N.Y.C. and with my friends help areas can be outlined and a series can be created. Either way the idea is to take what was useful as a early structure and use it in a better place.
Hell, I live in the greatest place on earth. The axis of the world. New York is the greatest city in all of God's green earth (although green earth I could really care less about, interest being the bottom of Manhattan being filled with water in Al Gore's movie; hence my green phase. It's why I care about global warming at all.)
There's simply no reason to leave.

Comments

Popular Posts